2) Soybeans – The soybean or soya bean is a very helpful food as it has numerous uses . Soybeans is commonly know as a rich source of Protein but it is also a very good source of Iron. One cup of cooked soybean contains 8.84 mg of Iron which is 49.11% of your daily Iron need. Soybean is very cheap in cost and easily available.
3) Lentils – Lentil is a kind of pulse . It is very rich in iron . One Cup of cooked lentils contain 6.59 mg of iron which is 36.61% of your daily iron need . Lentil is also very high in Protein . It is an excellent food for growing kids.
4) Olives – Olive is mostly know for its high content in vitamin E but it is also a food source of iron . One cup of olives contain 4.44 mg of iron and it is 24.67% of your daily Iron need.
5) Swiss Chard – Swiss Chard, is a leafy green vegetable often used in Mediterranean cooking. Swiss chard is and excellent food as it is hing in iron content . One cup of cooked Swiss Chard contains 3.96 mg of iron which 22% of your daily iron need. Swiss chard is also rich in other essential minerals .
6) Black pepper – Black Pepper is also rich in Iron . 2 tbsp of Black Pepper contains 1.21 mg of iron which is 11.3% of your daily iron need .
7) Tofu – Tofu, also called bean curd, is a food made by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into soft white blocks. Tofu is also another food rich in Iron . 4 Oz of Tofu contains 6.08mg of iron which is 33.78% of your daily iron need.
8) Lima Beans – Lima beans sometimes called Butter beans is also another rich source of iron . One cup of cooked Lima beans contains 4.49 mg of iron which is 29.94% of your daily iron need. Lima beans are also a good source of sodium.
9) Turmeric – Turmeric is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family . 2 tbsp of Turmeric contains 1.82 mg of Iron which is 10.11 % of your daily Iron need .
10) Kidney Beans – Kidney Beans is another food know for its high iron content . One cup of cooked kidney beans contain 3.93mg of Iron which is 21.83% of your daily iron need .