Cracked lips are the sign of dryness. It mainly caused in winters. Lips have thin skin and during winters it becomes dry. Due to dryness the skin of lips may also peel off and it starts bleeding, it is very painful. Our lips usually become dry because they don’t have any oil glands present. Dryness may also cause due to exposure of winds, smoking, dehydration etc. It is very necessary to take care of lips and there are several easy ways to get rid of dry, cracked and painful lips without using any expensive products.
- Exposure to cold or dry weather
- Exposure to sun
- Peeling of skin
- Licking of lips
- Breathing through mouth
- Toothpaste containing sodium laurel sulphate
- Due to consumption of too many supplements
- Due to certain medications
- Use coconut oil 4-5 times a day. It helps in maintaining the moisture of the skin and is best for the dry lips.
- Take warm water in a bowl and dip a cotton ball in it. Now squeeze it and gently put it on your lips. Repeat it 4-5 times and then apply milk cream on your lips.
- Take an inch of aloe Vera and cut its surface with a knife. Now put its gel in a bowl and apply it on your lips until it dries. Then wash your lips with Luke warm water and apply milk cream on it.
- Take 4-5 sp of olive oil in a bowl and add ½ sp of honey in it. Mix well and apply it on your lips several times a day.
- Apply glycerine before going to bed. It helps in making your lips smooth and soft.
- Take few petals of rose and soak it in milk for few hours. Now grind it into a paste and apply this paste 4-3 times a day.
- Apply clarified butter 2-3 times a day.
- Apply castor oil or almond oil on your lips 4-3 times a day.
1- Drink plenty of water a day.
2- Apply a thick layer of good petroleum jelly or lip balm regularly.
3- Take a healthy diet.
4- Avoid licking your lips.
5- Avoid smoking.