Tonsillitis is caused by viruses or bacteria. It is the infection that causes inflammation. They are more common among children. We have two masses of tissue called tonsils at the back of throat that helps to fight the infection but sometimes they become infected and swell and cause the problem of tonsillitis.
SYMPTOMS OF TONSILLITIS
- Swelling in throat
- Pain in swallowing
- Redness in throat
- Pan in neck
HOME REMEDIES FOR TONSILLITIS
- Take a glass of lukewarm milk and add ½ sp turmeric powder in it. Mix well and drink it just before bedtime.
- Take a glass of water in a pan and add some mint leaves in it. Now boil it together for a minute and add pure salt in it. Mix well. Strain it, cool and use this mixture to gargle. Repeat it several times a day.
- Take a glass of water and add 1 lemon in it. Now add 4sp of honey and 1sp of salt in it. Mix it ad drink it slowly.
- Take a glass of warm water and add 1sp of honey and 1sp of ginger juice in it. Mix well and gargle with this mixture.
- Take a glass of warm water and add 1sp of salt in it. Mix it and gargle with it 3-4 times a day.
- Take 2 glass of water in a pan and put some fenugreek seeds (methi) in it. Boil it together. Strain the water, cool it and use it to gargle.
- Make a cup of tea by adding crushed ginger, basil leaves, cloves, and a pinch of black pepper. Strain it and drink it.
- Make a juice of 2 carrots, 1 beet root and 1 cucumber. Drink it once a day.
1) Avoid spicy, sugary, sour, processed and fatty food.
2) Avoid smoking.
3) Drink plenty of water.
4) Gargle with warm water by adding salt 2-4 times a day.