Whiteheads are just like the blackheads. They also found within the skin pores. When dead cells and sebaceous matter accumulate they make bumps under the skin and clog skin pores. It is basically a combination of sebum and keratin within the follicle and it contain bacteria which thrive on the extra secretion of sebaceous glands and dead skin cells which result in blocked skin pores. They are mostly occur in area around the nose and chin.
CAUSES OF WHITEHEADS
- Hormonal changes
- Improper hygiene
- Consumption of Junk or oily food
- Use of oil based products
- Excessive sun exposure
- Excessive exposure to dirt
- Excessive consumption of sodas or sweets or sugary items
HOME REMEDIES TO GET RID OF WHITEHEADS
- Take 2sp sugar and ½ sp warm water in a bowl. Now mix well to make it thick. Squeeze ½ lemon juice and add in it. Apply this mixture as a mask and leave it until it dries. When it dries like a wax pull it. When you pull this mask it also pulls out the whiteheads.
- Take a handful of rice and soak it in milk for 6-7 hrs. After that grind it in a grinder and put it in a bowl. Now mix 3-4 drops of milk and use it as a scrubber.
- Take 2 tsp of fresh milk in a bowl. Now add 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp cooking salt in it. Mix well. Apply it on your face and rub it on your face for 10 minutes. Then rinse off with water.
- Take 1sp oatmeal powder and 1sp almond powder in a bowl. Now add some rose water in it to make a paste of it. Apply it on your face and rub it for 10-15 minutes and then wash with water.
- Make a powder of dry pomegranate skin and keep it in a air tight bottle. Mix 2sp of pomegranate powder and 1sp lemon juice in a bowl. Apply it on your face and leave it until it dries. Then wash off your face with water. Use it daily for best results.
- Take 2sp of oatmeal in a bowl and mix 3sp of thick yogurt in it. Now add 1sp lemon juice and 1sp olive oil in it. Apply it on your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then later on wash your face with water.
- Take 3sp cornstarch in a bowl and mix 1sp vinegar in it. Mix well to make a paste of it. Apply this paste on a problem area for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- Take a pulp of tomato in a bowl and mix 1sp lemon juice in it. Now apply it on your face at night and leave it while going to bed. Next morning wash your face with warm water.
- Take a raw potato and blend it in a blender. Now put it in a bowl and mix 1sp honey in it. Apply this paste on your face and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water.
- Take a handful of fenugreek leaves and grind it with water to make a paste of it. Now apply this paste on your face and leave it over night. Next day wash your face with warm water. You can also add 1sp lemon juice and 1sp olive oil in it.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Do not use a pin and prick a hole in the whitehead.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Do not touch your face with hands.
- Use a good face cleanser that contains salicylic acid or alpha hydroxyl acid for your face.
- Scrub you face with a good scrubber twice a week.