Bones are the body’s foundation. Having strong dense bones is essential to good posture, strength and balance. Now you can get strong bones by adding these foods to your diet
THE BEST FOODS FOR STRONG BONES
- Milk – Calcium is the most essential element for strong bones and the best source of calcium is undoubtedly milk. Along with calcium, milk also contain useful nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and Vitamins D, A and B12. All these nutrients are important for healthy bones. A person should drink atleasr 2 glass of milk every day.
- Yogurt – Yogurt contains a good amount of calcium and nutrition specialist say that one cup of yogurt daily is enough to fulfill the calcium requirement of the body. Yogurt also contains Vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein.
- Salmon – This Salmon is naturally high in both calcium and vitamin D. It also contain omega 3 fatty acid which help to increase the absorption of calcium in the body. Regular consumption of salmon helps to improve bone density and bone accumulation.
- Nuts and Seeds – Nuts and seeds can bolster bone health in several ways. Walnuts and flaxseeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Peanuts and almonds contain potassium, which protects against the loss of calcium in urine. Nuts also contain protein and other nutrients that play a supportive role in building strong bones.
- Cheese – Cheese contains high amount of calcium , Vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein. All these nutrients are essential for strong bones .
- Broccoli and Spinach – Both these vegetables are rich in calcium and helpful foods for bones . Broccoli contains calcium along with proteins for the healthy and flexible bones. One cup of turnip greens or chopped broccoli contains 200 mg of calcium. Where as Spinach contains calcium , iron , potassium , vitamin A and vitamin C .
- Tofu – Tofu is an important food to promote healthy and strong bones as it contain good amount of calcium . Half cup of tofu contains more than 800 milligrams of calcium. You must add tofu to your regular diet to enjoy strong bones.